- Very often bladder control problems are triggered by weak pelvic muscles—holding the bladder in place. These muscles get weakened during pregnancy or after childbirth.
- Damaged nerves send signals to the bladder at the wrong time. This might cause the bladder to push urine without warning.
- Medicines, alcohol, and caffeine can cause incontinence.
- Urinary tract infection can irritate nerves and cause the bladder to squeeze without warning.
- Overweight can put significant pressure on the bladder and contribute to leakage.
Here are simple steps for handling incontinence in Women
You don’t need to be embarrassed about incontinence. Sometimes changing daily habits can help you tackle incontinence with ease. For instance, if you leak during any particular time of the day, you can plan your trips to washroom accordingly to avoid potentially embarrassing situation caused due to leakage. Similarly, you can avoid beverages or food products that increase the urge to urinate frequently.
Select the Best Adult Diapers
It is important to select the best adult diaper that will help you lead a normal life. You need to keep in mind several factors such as cost-effective, cheap adult diapers, absorbency power, disposable or reusable type, size and fit.
Avoid Menstrual Pads
Never ever use menstrual pads to combat incontinence. Many women use pads just to discover the horror caused by upsetting leaks. Menstrual pads are not designed to protect against urine leakage and don’t provide necessary coverage.
Shop from Home
People are often skeptical about shopping for incontinence products from a local grocery shop or pharmacy. They simply want to avoid glaring eyes or potentially awkward situation. Thankfully, shopping for incontinence products is really easy. You can shop online from your home without worrying about people around you and select service that directly ships adult diapers to your home. The package usually comes in an unmarked box and delivered to your doorstep in a discrete manner. You can also ask for free or cheap adult diaper samples. This will help you make informed decision to select the best adult diaper according to your lifestyle and preferences.
Talking About Incontinence
When addressing incontinence with your elderly parent or loved ones, it’s best to be open about it. At the same time, you need to handle the situation in a very sensitive manner. Elders may not be comfortable using adult diapers however; you need to educate them about the worst case scenario if they avoid diapers- having an embarrassing leakage in public.