Adult incontinence can happen to anybody and affects 200 million people worldwide.1 Due to the stigma attached to it, it can make people feel embarrassed and anxious. Many people that are affected use various coping methods, such as Kegel exercises, hydrating themselves well and most common, use adult diapers. Since everyone’s needs and situations are different, there are different types of adult diapers available.
Here are 6 of the most popular types of Adult Diaper:
Contour Cloth Adult Diapers
These are the most common type of adult diapers. They are thin, narrow in the center and wider at the ends and are therefore less evident under regular clothing. Their simple design gives them a fair amount of custom fit and is made out of multi-layered absorbent material. Although there is no water-proofing on the outside it can easily be worn along with rubber pants to prevent leakage.Uses:
- These are used in regular cases of incontinence.
- These are mostly used for short term usage (about 4-5 hours)
Disposable Adult Diapers
These have a highly absorbent cloth-like lining on the inside and a waterproof exterior. Their design equips them to contain urine discharge very effectively. This is the most popular design for men in the market today.Uses:
- These are used by people who have lost their bladder control to a large extent.
- These can be most useful for people who need a frequent change of diapers.
Unlike other types of diapers, these are not meant to be absorbent. Their main purpose is to effectively contain solid waste. They are made from a fabric which allows solid waste to cling to itself. They are found in both reusable and disposable alternatives. The outside of these diapers is made of water-proof non-absorbent material and they are usually designed in a way that doesn’t allow water to enter the diaper at all.Uses:
- These are made especially for swimming purposes and are not meant to be used as a regular diaper.
- They are generally used for protecting against fecal incontinence.
These are also known as “plastic pants” or “rubber pants.” They are made of waterproof materials such as rubber, vinyl or plastic. They are also available in a variety of designs and finishes. They are meant to be worn over regular diapers to prevent leakages.Uses:
- These pants are worn over cloth diapers to prevent leakage.
- These can also be used to conceal the actual diaper, since various designs and fittings can be found.
All In One Cloth Adult Diapers
These are made of waterproof material on the outside (like nylon or plastic) and have multiple layers of absorbent materials between the outer layer and the inner lining. The inner lining is made to drain the wetness to keep the skin dry (usually made of polyester).Uses:
- These can be used for travelling or a long day at work, as they are quite efficient in containing the waste for longer durations
Pad and Pant
This is a two tier system. It includes a pad made of absorbent material which runs between the legs to collect the urine discharge, and a pair of waterproof underpants that goes over the pants. These are quite comfortable and easily adjustable.Uses:
- These can be used during regular recreational activities, as they provide much more flexibility compared to other alternatives.
- These are also less evident when worn.
- One can choose a pad with different levels of absorption based on their needs.
With all these different types of solutions to incontinence, you can choose the option that best suits your needs. Do not allow this condition to restrict you from enjoying life with the people you love. At Wellness Briefs, you can find the perfect solution to all your incontinence problems. With designs like these and more, you can live a confident quality way of life.