Adult incontinence is an old problem. It impacts the lives of millions of men and women across the world, but due to stigmas associated with this health problem, only a fraction of victims are open about their condition. However, there is definitely more of awareness on incontinence in recent years due to the many social and marketing campaigns running with the aim of changing the negative perspective on urinary or fecal incontinence.
In early years, there was lack of communication and information on the subject of incontinence, which left most people believing in wrong perceptions. Compared to men, women are reportedly more vulnerable to urinary incontinence issue. Factors like pregnancy, child birth, excessive weight, stress and of course aging are primary reasons of incontinence in women.
Men can also suffer from incontinence due to many factors such as stress, physical injury and surgery. While elderly people are more exposed to the risk of urinary incontinence, it can occur to people of all ages. Whether it is a bladder control issue (Urinary incontinence) or bowel issue (Fecal incontinence), one must admit that living with adult incontinence is very challenging.
Start Using Adult Incontinence Products
Incontinence can have a severe emotional impact on one’s life. But the great news is that incontinence can be managed with the right incontinence product that is widely available on the market today. Choose a quality incontinence product and stop worrying about urine leakage.
Incontinence briefs and panties designed by top manufacturers and suppliers like Wellnessbriefs are specifically designed to prevent urine leakage, stains and bad odor. They have excellent absorbing capacity so you feel moisture-free and comfortable.
You can also consult a doctor or do some pelvic floor exercises to control incontinence and live a confident life once again. There is no need to hesitate discussing the issue with your beloved ones. There are tens of thousands of people who are living completely normal lives with their incontinence issue.
A few important facts:
- Women are at higher risk of adult incontinence than men. In fact about 50% of the female population in the world suffers from incontinence.
- About 10% of men above 65 years suffer from light to heavy urinary incontinence
- Severity of incontinence can be considerably reduced with medications and surgeries. According to a study by the WHO, adult incontinence can be treated and prevented successfully.
When You Travel with Adult Incontinence
The holiday season has already started and if you are considering canceling your trip or outing due to incontinence think again. There are many wonderful incontinence products available on the market that will keep you dry for long hours during your trip.
A few suggestions to follow when going on a trip:
- Once you have your travel itinerary, plan your bathroom stops in advance. If you are traveling by plane reserve a seat near the bathroom area or try changing your seat once on board.
- Do not consume drinks that contain high quantity of sugar or caffeine as they can aggravate your incontinence issue. Avoid drinking too much water during the journey and keep a moderate and healthy diet.
- Carry adult diapers, disposable pads, pull on underwear or any other incontinence product you may need during or after the trip. Take a few additional incontinence products and 2-3 clothing for any unforeseen emergencies.
- If you are traveling with family or friends, it is a good idea to tell them about your incontinence issue. This will help them guide you to a nearby public or private restroom en route.
There is absolutely no need to become over-conscious about your health condition. While vacationing, make the most of your time enjoying with family or friends. Do not allow your issues with incontinence strap you down. You can enjoy and travel comfortably with the right incontinence supplies and a bit of preventive care.
Are you living in a nursing home?
A recent survey by the National Center for Health Statistics reveals that there are less incontinence patients amongst elderly people living in nursing homes across the USA than those who live outside the nursing homes. The study says that over 50% of the elderly living outside nursing homes are suffering from urinary or fecal incontinence. The study also emphasizes the fact that more women are witnessing this bowel or bladder control issue than men.
About 88% of adult men and women who suffer from incontinence have a light or moderate condition. The primary purpose of this study was to give confidence and support to incontinence patients by showing them how common the problem is and that there is no need to feel any shame in the condition.
Many women and men hesitate discussing the issue with family and even feel shame to discuss the condition with a doctor. Some are nervous about shopping for their incontinence supplies in a mall or retail stores. It is important to educate them that incontinence products can be ordered on line and delivered to their doorstep discreetly.
There are many online stores offering a range of incontinence supplies at great prices. Some of them also provide free consulting and free samples to help you choose right product for your incontinence needs. Select your online store, place your order and your incontinence products will arrive at your doorstep in discreet packaging.
As in different parts of the world, incontinence is a prevailing condition amongst elderly people in the USA. Making them aware of the modern incontinence supplies available today, will help them live their lives calmly and productive. Start shopping adult absorbent diapers online today!