Though adult diapers and overnight adult pull ups are normally associated with people suffering from incontinence, there are other many reasons why adults choose to wear such products.
Conditions such as incontinence, dementia, severe diarrhea or mobility impairment, which are mostly seen in senior citizens, might make it imperative for adults to start wearing overnight pull up products and adult diapers. In case you are grappling with the woes inflicted by such conditions, or are looking for sound ways of helping others in your care, you will find this blog very helpful and informative. Here, we help you get a closer look at adult diapers and pull ups and the ways in which they prove to be useful in such situations.
Why do Adults Need Diapers?
Not only senior citizens, but adults with medical problems may also suffer from incontinence. For women, damage and stress from pregnancy and childbirth are the most common causes leading to incontinence. Menopause can also lead to the worsening of the signs and symptoms connected with incontinence. Men suffering prostrate problems can also find incontinence coming their way. Some medical conditions such as drug interactions, drug side-effects, neurological conditions, or alcohol abuse may lead to incontinence in both women as well as men.
How do Adult Incontinence Products Help?
For those who need aids in order to handle their incontinence-related issues, incontinence products serve to be their greatest friends.
- These products have the capability to soak up large amounts of discharge and help in keeping their users dry. This is especially true in case of overnight adult pull ups and diapers that go a long way in keeping patients comfortable at night.
- Adult incontinence products are available in various shapes and hence are useful for people demanding different sizes.
- Incontinence products are made of multiple layered miniature impermeable sheets that have high levels of absorbency. Their small size makes them convenient to be worn even in public.
- Wearers are at a liberty to carry on their daily normal activities even if they are wearing incontinence products as these products keep them dry and comfortable.
- All incontinence products are capable of controlling the bad odor that may escape and make the surrounding unpleasant.
Whatever is the cause of incontinence, either old age or medical, these products offer the option of preventing or containing any untoward and unexpected incident brought about by the same. The availability of different products like diapers and overnight adult pull ups has made it easy to manage the problems which might arise due to incontinence.
Adult Briefs vs. Adult Pull Ups
Today, the two most popular incontinence absorbent undergarments are the protective underwear and the adult diaper. When trying to choose incontinence product that would work best, the question arises whether to opt for adult diapers or briefs, pull ups or protective underwear. So, an understanding of the differences between them can help you choose the product that would work best for you and your needs.
Adult briefs are generally meant for those who have limited mobility or are in the hands of caretakers. These have side tabs that can be refastened and easily changed even when users are sitting or lying down. Complete undressing (for the purpose of wearing them) is not required while using adult briefs. Adult briefs provide the required levels of over-night protection as they are more absorbent; in other words, they are best suited for those with heavy incontinence. Most of these types of incontinence products also have a wetness indicator attached which helps caregivers know when a change of brief is required.
Adult Pull Ups
Another type of incontinence undergarment is the adult pull up which is designed to contain leakages of urine or stool. These are best-suited for people who are mobile and suffer from moderate to heavy incontinence. These incontinence products help in maintaining the dignity of their users as they can be pulled up or pulled down like any other regular underwear. Of late, manufacturers are focusing on form-fitting protective incontinence undergarments which are specifically designed for both genders and give off the look and feel of normal underwear.
Pull ups are made with thicker and stronger materials than those used for making conventional incontinence products; hence, they are hyper-absorbent. Overnight adult pull ups are very useful in containing accidents and blocking out bad odors. Adult pull ups are specific types of diapers that can be pulled up, or pulled off without much fuss, thus making them easy to use at home and outdoors. Though washable pull ups are also available in the market, the more popular briefs are disposable and can be thrown after one-time use. Hence, the ease of wearing pull ups and their easy-to-dispose features give these products an edge over adult diapers.
Top Two Things To Remember While Buying Adult Pull Ups
- Pull Ups with Perfect Fit: While buying adult pull ups, one has to take utmost care of the fit which is an important factor; yes, the fit plays a major role in the effectiveness of the overnight adult pull ups. A badly fitting pull up will more likely lead to leakages and accidents. The bottom line is that a pull up should fit the body snugly and the elastic in the leg cuffs should fit well around the legs. Today with a variety of sizes available, everyone, ranging from a small-sized person to a large one, is at liberty to choose whichever size fits him/her best. As a result, there is no excuse for wearing a pull up which in not of the perfect size.
- Pull Ups that are Comfortable: While focusing on the perfect fit, you should also opt for an overnight adult pull up which will make you feel comfortable. Remember that you will be wearing this product for the better part of your day and your night; hence, selecting the type which will prove to be more comfortable is very essential. There are various types of pull ups available including those that resemble incontinence underwear; those that have side tabs to fasten or unfasten them instead of having to pull them up or down; and those that look like regular underwear and can be worn with comfort, discretion and confidence.
For most people, a decrease in the levels of control of the bladder or bowel movements signifies a decline of normal body functions. With these emotions come the feeling of embarrassment, helplessness, frustration, anxiety and fear. But, today, those with incontinence problems do not have to go through these emotions. With a wide range of incontinence solutions available in the form of adult diapers and overnight adult pull ups, they can overcome their physical disabilities and gain emotional support at the earliest; and once again, face the world with confidence.