You have not yet been diagnosed for poor bladder control but wake up multiple times at night to use the washroom. Such overproduction of urine during night times, which takes place on a regular basis, can send you scurrying to your health advisor. Well, in all probability, you are suffering from a condition known as “nocturia” or frequent nighttime urination and require overnight adult diapers to stop and prevent leakages. People experiencing nocturnal polyuria end up producing nighttime urine volume, which is, more often than not, 20 to 30 percent higher than the urine volume released over 24-hours. Here, we help you take a closer look at nighttime wetting and effective ways of handling the same.
The First Step For Tackling Nighttime Wetting
Most individuals suffering from nocturia merely wake up multiple times to use the bathroom at night; but then, they may miss out on body signals and fail to make it in time. Frequent nighttime urination may lead to bedwetting, thereby necessitating urgent visits to their healthcare providers. In case you are planning to consult your doctor about similar issues, then keep a close watch on the number of times you have to get up to go, and estimate the volume of urine that you pass before visiting him/ her. Additionally, you need to assess all other bladder control issues, the way you feel after relieving yourself, etc. for working out the appropriate solutions. It’s advisable to use protective undergarments, waterproof bedding, or an overnight adult diaper to sleep peacefully through the signals given by your body till you start your treatment.
Tips For Adult Nighttime Bedwetting
In general, bedwetting in adults is treatable. It may be attributed to manifold issues ranging from physical injuries and medication to weak pelvic floor muscles, diabetes, surgery, emotional stress, genetics and so forth. As an adult bed wetter, you will love to achieve dry nights with the help of these under-mentioned methods.
- Do not be embarrassed or reluctant to talk to your doctor about your bedwetting issues. He/ she will help you understand the root cause of your woes and recommend effective treatment modes for the same.
- Keep a close check on the overall fluid intake. It will help to restrict liquid intakes a few hours before hitting the bed. However, it is incorrect to prevent all intakes as the act may cause dehydration and further irritate your bladder. Carbonated fluids and caffeinated drinks should be avoided at night to reduce the frequency of urination.
- Use absorbent undergarments, nighttime protection in the form of an overnight adult diaper, or underpads to stay dry. Waterproof bed pads and disposable adult briefs will certainly be helpful in alleviating your concerns of waking up in a wet bed.
- Remember to empty out your urinary bladder before sleeping, completely. Frequent daytime urination, especially because of your overactive bladder, may also lead to nighttime wetting.
- Increase the capacity of your bladder, and retrain it to hold higher volumes of urine. Resisting the urge to go, and increasing the time intervals between washroom breaks, will help you regain bladder control.
Adult bedwetting, particularly during nighttime, is an agonizing medical condition that takes a toll on your overall emotional wellbeing. You can take comfort in the knowledge that you are not the only one going through such a problem. These and other bedwetting solutions will help you gain better control over your life and bladder.
Bedwetting Alarms For Handling Nocturnal Enuresis
A pre-set bedwetting alarm is one of the most effective ways of curbing bedwetting or nocturnal enuresis. Oft-used by parents for taking care of the bedwetting issues of children, these alarms are helpful for people with primary enuresis or adult bedwetting problems as well. Herein, the user straps or lies upon a moisture-detecting sensor that’s attached to a vibrating and/or audible alarm. When urine is detected, the alarm sounds, and sends a signal to the user to go to the washroom rather than relieve himself/ herself in bed. With the passage of time, he/ she starts associating the sensations given out by a full bladder to get up and go in time.
Overnight Adult Diaper And Other Incontinence Products
Pull up underwear and disposable briefs are very convenient for overnight usage as they tend to absorb higher volumes of fluid and can be replaced and discarded easily. These days, there are many other absorbent products that are designed for handling nighttime incontinence to perfection. They are far more absorbent than the products marked for daytime usage. These diapers and pads are designed keeping adult bedwetters of all ages dry and comfortable. Some of the most popular variants of such nighttime products for adult bedwetting include the following.
- Washable nighttime underwear and briefs for adults have high absorbency metrics and feature re-fastenable tapes, moisture-wicking capabilities, a wetness indicator, and an elastic waistband for providing maximum leakage protection and all around comfort. Their tear-away side seams pave the way for easy and quick changes. Along with a disposable booster pad, such washable pants are capable of absorbing up to 17 oz. of urine.
- An overnight adult diaper pack can be purchased from senior health care centers or other specialty stores. Providing adequate protection to curb adult bedwetting, such diapers make sleep times more relaxed and comforting. With these products in place, their users can doze off peacefully without any fear of wetting the mattress or sheets. Easy to remove and replace, these absorbent pads make for quick changes.
Overnight Adult Diapers For Maximum Absorbency
The best and most absorbent overnight diapers promise to offer an overall sense of security, keep bedding dry, protect your delicate skin, and make you enjoy long, blissful sleep. Like most disposable briefs, highly absorbent overnight briefs have cotton padding to attract and absorb the urinary discharge. Affordable and easily available, the best overnight diapers boast of top liners that draw urine away from your skin. Most high-quality overnight diapers for adults are equipped for handling higher fluid volumes. They are found with a wide range of absorbencies and have enough capacity for matching different levels of incontinence.
Lastly, wearability is one of the essential factors that should guide your purchase of adult overnight diapers. You may like to ask for a sample to understand how a particular design fits you or feels against your skin. While some overnight diapers may feel comfortable, others may end up in skin rashes and irritability – so, choose accordingly. Also, there are numerous styles and sizes of adult diapers to choose from. Before investing your good money in a product that you may never use, make an informed choice after considering your urine frequency, levels of absorbency needed, the softness of the materials, etc. Once there, you will be good to go.
For more information on incontinence products, visit our online store https://wellnessbriefs.com