It is a general misconception that incontinence is a gender specific issue! Any person irrespective of whether they are male or female can suffer from incontinence. Anyone suffering from incontinence can use adult diapers to restore normalcy, and live active and healthy lives once again.
Over the years, poor lifestyle choices and diseases have lead to an increase in the number of men suffering from incontinence. The increase in prostate diseases and requirement for prostate surgery, are the primary reasons why men suffer with this burning issue. Like any other disability, incontinence also has the potential to stop life in its tracks.
Adult diapers for men are available in many varieties, shapes, and sizes and can help mitigate the embarrassment of leaks and wet spots on their trousers. Due to this, the overall market for male incontinence diapers is on the rise. Their popularity is garnering the support of caregivers, health advisors and users in every conceivable way. Diapers for men are super-absorbent, made with the best use of technology, and are available at affordable prices for purchase online.
Adult diapers for men are a new entrant in the healthcare segment. Earlier the market was filled with ‘one design suits all wearers’ kind of diapers that were quite unsuitable for men. The growing number of men suffering from incontinence has spawned a variety of new incontinence diapers that tackle the issue in a better manner. In most cases, this means that high-quality adult diapers for men are now readily available. These products are easy-to-wear, change and take off, thus transforming them into favorable products for users and their caretakers alike.
Type of adult diapers for men
In all probability, the sudden appearance of so many adult diapers for men in the market could confuse a new buyer. Is it that these diapers only exist to prevent leaks and stains or is there more to it? Well, there is a lot more to buying adult diapers for men than is evident on the surface. One has to look for male incontinence diapers that best suit their anatomy and leakage needs. The variety might be overwhelming but there is a method to the madness.
Incontinence briefs are adult diapers for men that are styled like underwear and have a tab on each side. Brief styles include cloth like backing; refastenable, plastic backed adult diapers for men and overnight male incontinence products.
Here, we help you take a quick look at adult diapers for men that are available for wearers to purchase in order to deal with incontinence.
- Cloth backed briefs are the most popular adult diapers for men as they are discreet, absorbent and do not make a sound when you move. They are skin friendly and can be worn like regular underwear.
- Plastic backed adult diapers for men, may be more secure but they make a slithering noise when you move, and could cause some embarrassment. These are generally more suitable for men who suffer from moderate to severe incontinence and need extra protection.
- Pull on briefs are like disposable underwear and are very comfortable. They are suited to men who are mobile and can reach the washroom whenever they please.
- When compared to other styles, adult diapers for men with refastenable tabs are more economical and can work well for most men.
- Overnight male adult diapers are necessary for men who suffer from heavy incontinence. As the name suggests, overnight diapers are used at night or for prolonged periods during the day. Adult diapers for men in this category are usually bulkier and unwieldy but provide excellent leak protection, especially to men who suffer from high levels of incontinence.
- Bariatric adult diapers for men are, as the name suggests, incontinence diapers for plus-sized men. These diapers are for those men who have a waist sizes upto 94 inches. Some of them are designed for men with large bellies to give better leak control.
- Pull-ups differ from briefs, as they do not have side tabs. They are quite similar to regular underwear and are useful for immobile patients or patients with dementia.
- Adult diapers for men can also be sleek and discreet like the ‘drip collector’ variety that are perfect for collecting dribbles or other small leaks.
- Incontinence pads are similar and one can use them as a liner along with their regular underwear. This is very useful if you are a sports lover and want to contain the occasional leak, but still be physically unencumbered.
- Pull up with tabs are a new item, that is becoming a staple as they are very handy; the demand for this incontinence product is on a rise and it is being used in senior health care centers and nursing homes like never before.
Special incontinence diapers for men
Adult diapers for men are also available for men who are shaped differently or have special needs. There are diapers with adjustable straps that suit the needs of men who need diapers in a special size. These adult diapers for men have a belt with a tie on lower disposable unit. They are a very effective solution for a large bellied person, who would suffer leakages if the fit is not snug enough in the pelvic area. Fecal incontinence products are shaped differently and are useful for patients who have neural deficits and restricted mobility. They are suitable for both heavy urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence. Swim diapers are a recent addition to the range of adult diapers for men. They have a plastic barrier that prevents water from seeping into the diaper. They allow users to enjoy swimming while preventing leaks at the same time. These diapers are very useful for patients who need physiotherapy to regain their mobility, or for whom hydrotherapy is an important part of their routine. Incontinence diapers for men, especially those that are designed after a lot of research, are equipped to handle leakages of all levels and keep users dry and comfortable all through the day and night as well.
Reusable adult diapers for men are a little expensive at the onset but are very economical in the long run. The use of cotton cloth and addition of absorbent cores means that the user or the caregiver can wash, deodorize and dry like normal clothing. Reusable adult diapers are also better for the skin as the synthetic dry covers on disposable diapers for men may cause rashes and itching. They are also environment-friendly as they pile up less waste. The core of the disposable diaper takes a long time to bio-degrade.
It is very important to choose wisely after considering all factors like the activity level of the user, the intensity of their incontinence, the hours of use, and the comfort levels that the adult diapers for men offer to wearers. Many a times, long-term use of diapers may be required, so it is important to note the cost of using one on a daily basis. These costs can pile up and become humongous if it is a lifelong issue.
Nevertheless, take heart. Medical advances have recognized the issues that adult incontinence cause, and are taking steps to tackle and provide a cure for this ailment. Until then, use adult diapers for men and strive for normalcy.