Urinary incontinence is one of the most socially devastating health problems that a man can suffer from. To most men, incontinence is an embarrassment, and hence most of them suffer in silence. While there are large variations in the severity of incontinence, there is no denying that the problem affects a large part of the male population. The National Association for Incontinence (NAI) says over 25 million people suffer from urinary incontinence and around 25% of these are men.
A collaborative by the American Urology Association (AUA) and the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) says half the population of seniors are afflicted by urinary incontinence and again about 25-30% of these are men. For men, urinary incontinence has devastating consequences and can ruin relationships. However, this doesn’t have to be the case because there are high-quality adult diapers for men that allow them to lead ordinary productive lives. By learning more about these products, it becomes easier to buy the right ones either for yourself or a loved one.
How to Manage Incontinence ?
The general disposition is that men are supposed to be totally in control. For this reason, men who suffer from incontinence are highly affected by the condition, because the condition seems to highlight a man’s vulnerability. No wonder then many male patients decide to suffer in silence. Many men have suffered skin infections for a long time before their families realized the extent of the problem. To appreciate the need for adult diapers for men for anyone suffering from fecal or urinary incontinence, you have to consider other risks including urinary tract infection. In essence, incontinence not only deprives a man his self-esteem but also poses great health risks. With the right adult diapers for men it is easy to avert these risks and give the patient a shot at living comfortably.
What Factors to Consider When Buying Male Adult Diapers ?
The increasing prevalence of incontinence in adults has now spawned a multi-billion adult diaper industry. Choosing from among the thousands of brands in the market is not easy. Many consumers have bought products based solely on advertising only to discover all the promised benefits were non-existent.
To avoid falling into the same pitfall, consider the following factors when buying adult diapers for men:
1. Personal Level Of Incontinence: When going to the market for a good adult diaper, a patient would need to assess their level of incontinence. Products in the market are categorized according to levels of incontinence and you will thus find adult diapers for light / moderate / heavy / overnight and fecal incontinences. It is advisable to go for a diaper that covers a level of incontinence higher that what you feel you need. This means you will enjoy peace of mind knowing there is no danger of leakage.
2. Quality of Material for Higher Absorbency: The material used in the manufacture of the best adult diapers for men should offer high absorbency rates, for the wearer to enjoy more comfort. The idea in buying an adult diaper is to ensure you sleep well or perform fruitful during the day. If you are looking for diapers with the highest degree of absorbency Unique Wellness, an award winning adult brief manufacturer offers the most affordable solution. They use space-age technology in the manufacture of their product that guarantees high levels of absorbency, to keep you dry anytime.
3. Measurement and Sizing
When shopping for adult diapers for men make sure you have the right size. If you are buying the diaper for a loved one, take time to take their measurements before visiting stores. Choosing the right size not only ensures the wearer is comfortable but also prevents any chances of leaks. It is advisable not to relay wholly on a manufacturer’s stated sizes but instead take the measurement of the waist and hip of the one who is going to wear the adult diapers for men.
4. Reusable or Disposable
Reusable adult diapers are initially more expensive but the fact that they will be used more than once makes them more cost-efficient. Reusable adult diapers for men are eco-friendly because they contribute very little to fast filling of landfills. They are designed for both light and heavy incontinence in adults. Disposable diapers on the other hand offer more choices and are reputed for their higher absorbency, odor control and leg cuff guards, that protects against any dangers of leakages.
The last thing a man dealing with urinary incontinence wants to bear, is the stigma associated with wearing an adult diaper that is obvious. The stigma associated with incontinence makes it important to buy a product that is discrete. The backing material of the adult diaper should not make any sound and must be comfortable for the wearer.
There are many adult diapers for men that are not bulky and that can be worn comfortably throughout the day or night. Check for the best diaper technology that guarantees discreteness.
Other factors to consider when buying adult diapers for men include cost, skin friendly material, eco-friendliness, good strapping design, comfort and hygiene. You should also consider whether the incontinence is urinary, fecal or mixed. This helps you to find a diaper that perfectly suits the type and level of incontinence involved.
What Types of Adult Diapers for Men
With these considerations in mind, you can now go ahead and choose adult diapers for men from among the following types:
- Pull up briefs: They are just like ordinary underwear but with no tabs. The material however is highly absorbent and is ideal for men suffering from incontinence.
- Bariatric Briefs: Ideal for plus-sized men suffering from fecal or urinary incontinence.
- Reusable Adult Diapers: They are comfortable and can be washed and dried like regular clothing.
- Belted adult diapers: They are unique due to their design, that consists of an absorbent area with a belt system holding it in place.
- Fecal Incontinence Products: They are double pronged in dealing with both fecal and urinary incontinence in men.
- Disposable adult diapers for men: They are high performance products that serve all levels of incontinence. They leverage the latest technology in diaper manufacturing to offer more comfort for the user.
- Male guards: These are cup-like pads that fit the male anatomy. This diaper handles urinary incontinence and is worn inside a man’s normal underwear.
- Male drip collector: This is an ideal product for men suffering from light dribbling caused by stress or overflow incontinence.
Using these factors, it is easy to choose the right adult diaper for yourself or a male relative suffering from urinary incontinence. This product is a God send for every man suffering from incontinence. When buying an adult diaper, consider the level of incontinence involved, comfort level, high absorbency quality, environmentally friendly materials and pocket friendliness.
Go on and choose a high quality adult diaper specifically designed for men and get back control of your life.