To say that incontinence is a big problem for women in the US is an understatement. Consider this; over 25 million adult Americans suffer from some form of incontinence. According to data from the National Association for Incontinence (NAI) 75% to 80% of people suffering from incontinence are women. The same report shows 1 in 4 women over the age of 18 have suffered from urinary leakage. The American Urological Association (AUA) says the prevalence of this health problem could be even higher in society, but the stigma associated with this condition forces many women to suffer in silence. Risk factors such as pregnancy and pelvic cancer are attributed to the high number of women suffering from the condition. A report from the journals of the American Urogynecologic Society – The Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery – says that the overall prevalence of female incontinence could be above 16%.
The fact that this condition affects all aspects of a woman’s life adversely, necessitates the need for the use of most innovative solutions. This is where adult diapers for women come in handy. There are hundreds of brands making these products but the award-winning brand – Wellness Briefs stand out for many reasons. Their adult diapers leverage InconTek® technology that is inspired by space technology used to make products for astronauts at NASA. If you are looking for the most effective solution to incontinence, these adult diapers for women are best products in the market today.
A brief overview of incontinence in Women
It is advisable to get further insight about incontinence before you visit stores to buy incontinence diapers for women. After all, information is power and when it comes to buying any product that affects your health, it is imperative to find out more about it before hand.
Whether you are shopping for diapers for yourself or for a loved one, it is important to understand that there are different forms of incontinence. These include:
- Stress incontinence: Stress incontinence occurs when urine leaks while coughing, sneezing or exercising. This is the most common form of urinary incontinence in women.
- Urge incontinence: Occurs when a sudden urge forces involuntary bladder contractions leading to urine leakage. It is mostly characterized as overactive bladder (AOB) and the National Institute on Aging (NIA) says it affects over 40% of women in the US.
- Mixed incontinence: This form of incontinence is a combination of stress and urge incontinence.
- Overflow incontinence: A condition where the body produces more urine than the bladder can control, leading to involuntary leaks.
A combination of factors makes women more susceptible to incontinence. Most women develop the problem during pregnancy and it could continue afterward. There is also a higher prevalence of incontinence among older women. With obesity and overweight combining with other risk factors, women still find themselves being more affected. For these reasons, you need an effective solution that is affordable, convenient and foolproof.
Female Adult Diaper: A Godsend for Women
Urinary leakage is one of the most adverse conditions that can afflict the modern woman. The prevalence of the affliction is the reason why adult diapers have become so popular. Adult diapers for women gives a woman back the power she had previously ceded to the condition. There are some unique qualities that make these specially designed diapers perfectly suited for the modern woman. These include:
- Comfort: This is a major consideration for anything a woman wears and with adult diapers becoming slimmer and more comfortable for the skin, there is no excuse for you not to live life to the fullest.
- Discreetness: No woman wants any sign of her underwear showing to the world. For this reason, diapers of the highest quality are designed to fit perfectly without advertising themselves in any way.
- Higher absorbency: Modern women are very busy. In case if they need to use an adult diaper, then the product has to suit their busy lifestyle. The best female diapers absorb more and can be worn for a longer period.
- Versatile designs: The idea of one-size-fits-all no longer applies to adult diapers. Adult diapers for women come in a variety of sizes and styles to perfectly fit your lifestyle.
- High industry standard: The best diapers now leverage cutting edge technology for higher efficiency.
Among the benefits of using high quality incontinence diaper for women include:
- Higher productivity: An overactive bladder can cause a woman to shun activities that would lead to embarrassing situations. This means recoiling from activities like daily exercises, or activities that were previously empowering them economically. High quality adult diapers for women allow women to reclaim the freedom to keep going, adding a lot of value to their life.
- Better relationships: Incontinence in younger women breaks relationships and can prevent such individuals from going out and making friends. No woman would like the embarrassment of wetting a bed when visiting her lover. The condition reduces intimacy and affection and it affects the overall wellbeing of a woman. Female adult diapers are designed to be discreet and allows the user to build and sustain relationships without any inhibitions.
- Higher self-esteem: There is no doubt that incontinence affects the self-esteem of a woman. Most women who suffer from the condition withdraw into themselves thus missing out on many opportunities to improve their lives. This can be averted by using comfortable adult diapers for women that allow the user to lead a normal life.
- Avoiding further health complications: If you are always worried about the condition of your bladder when going out, it won’t be long before stress and depression catch up with you. The combination of these serious health conditions and psychological morbidity can be averted among women suffering from incontinence by using the best quality incontinence diaper for women.
high quality incontinence diaper for women allow women to live a fuller life. Whether you are pregnant, injured, aging or suffering from other reasons that contribute to incontinence, there are a wide range of adult diapers for women that you can choose from. When buying diapers for women, make sure you consider your level of incontinence, comfort, level of absorbency, the reputation of the brand you choose, best diaper construction, good pricing and value for money and of course good reviews of the female adult diaper you wish to buy.