Are you losing control of your bladder does not mean losing control of your life. Make use of convenient alternatives to live freely without the nagging insecurities about embarrassing leaks and stains. An award-winning adult diaper manufacturer Wellness Briefs shares some important tips that help people with incontinence how to lead a normal life with disposable adult diapers.
Are you grappling with the woes of incontinence? Or, are you taking care of a senior family member who has lost his or her bladder control and needs assistance to get o the washroom? If your answers are in the affirmative then do know that disposable adult diapers for men and women are what you should seek. This is because it comes as a rude shock when you discover that your busy and very social lifestyle is cramped with the burden of incontinence. It is quite a common problem and generally unacknowledged. Life can be resumed quite normally once the right treatment and incontinence products are used correctly to arrest the issue.
It has been found that incontinence generally affects older people and people with hormonal problems, obesity, irritable bladders, mobility injuries, severe diarrhea or cognitive impairments like dementia. A disposable adult diaper is specially constructed to be worn by a person who is either recuperating from an illness or surgery, is a senior without any bladder control, etc. It is generally made of super absorbent and skin friendly materials that are deemed fit for prolonged use.
Why disposable diapers available in various shapes and sizes?
It is a fact that women have differing shapes and so they must use the diaper that fits them perfectly! Adult diapers for women are the perfect way to non-medically alter the quality of life led by the incontinent person. The correct product worn in the appropriate way reduces the chance of leaks, stains and odor, making life much freer and much more comfortable. These high quality adult diapers are available in various types and sizes.
The varieties available are brief style diapers, pull ups, briefs with side tabs, briefs with refastenable tabs, deodorized diapers, liners, belted diapers, swim diapers, fecal incontinence products, guards and shields, and so many more. They are available in various sizes to suit the body type of the wearer. The size and shape do matter, but there are some inherent qualities that determine the efficiency and quality of such diapers, they have to kept in consideration as well.
Common qualities of diapers that determine usage norms
Once the right type of incontinence product has been determined, it is the time to choose the correct brand that delivers the convenience required for a long term use product. It has been seen that incontinence can be managed and even cured in some cases but it takes a lot of patience and time to do so.
- Cost effectiveness is one of the major factors that determine the purchase of adult diapers. It is very important to judge affordability as diapers are generally used in large quantities. It is important to choose the best quality at the best prices.
- The diaper in use should be user friendly in nature. It should be easy on the skin as long term use can result in skin abrasions and rashes. The right brand will be hypo allergic in nature with deodorizing attributes. As odor control goes a long way in building social confidence, it is essential that the adult diapers purchased for use outdoors are devoid of any tell-tale smells.
- The ease of wearing and removal is a very important aspect in determining which diaper to use, especially if incontinence is accompanied by other physical restrictions on movement.
- The look and feel of the diaper is equally important if the user leads a fairly active life. The slim fit and discreet disposable adult diapers go a long way in ensuring that the wearer does not feel conscious of diaper lines under her clothes.
- Do choose from the large variety available for the correct fit and size to minimize leaks, as all brands differ in the shape and size norms.
- Environmental concerns dictate that the polymers used in the diaper should follow environmental safety laws. Although it is impossible to stop the polluting effects of disposable adult diapers, care can be taken to use the ones which are the least harmful to the overall ecological balance.
Why adult diapers only for home use?
A lot has been discussed about the light to moderate incontinence patients who are fairly active and manage to handle themselves well in day to day activities. It is also an important part of the health care industry to deal with incontinent people. A patient can be rendered temporarily incontinent due to injury, surgery or acute disease. It is a good idea to use disposable adult diapers to manage the needs of such patients as infections from hospital toilets pose signs of danger. Also, as the number of healthcare service providers is not adequate to handle all patients on urgent basis at such venues, usage of adult diapers for men and women becomes the right choice for many. It is a good idea to use such diapers to allow efficient personnel management in the overworked hospital industry.
Patients with severe cognitive impairments need the intervention of health care providers. These care givers need to have ease of usage when choosing the right incontinence product for their patient’s highly individual needs. For example, if the patient is totally immobile a belted adult diaper with open sides may be an easier option than a pull up adult diaper.
Easy of using disposable adult diapers versus reusable adult diapers
It is true that reusable diapers are more cost effective and ecologically safe then disposable adult diapers. But the convenience of disposables is far superior. If the patients are otherwise mobile but is aged, the need to wash and dry the disposable diapers may force them to seek outside help, which might be expensive. Disposable diapers are easier to use and remove. They need to be disposed in covered special bins built to contain odor.
Patients with heavy incontinence may also find that disposable diapers serve to be an easier option as their usage is high. The sheer quantity used is a deterrent to reusable diaper use. For such patients it might be a good idea to establish a pattern and use a judicious mix of both disposable and reusable diapers in tandem. It might be a good idea to use disposable adult diapers for fecal incontinence and reusable liners for light to moderate urinary incontinence.
Disposable adult diapers are a boon to the incontinent population. This product is an enabler towards a more normal lifestyle. The correct fit and size makes social and work commitments easier to maintain. Do you or your loved ones use these products? Do leave a comment on how you perceive the use of diapers towards making life easier for incontinent patients. We shall be happy to hear from you.