Aging is a natural process and it is inevitable. It is as natural to the body as breathing is. Eventually, everyone has to grow old. It may have its unpleasant aspects, but growing old gracefully and enjoying life to its fullest is possible.
From the minute we are conceived in the womb, the aging process begins. The fetus develops due to the aging process. There are benefits of aging, but aging has its own set of disadvantages as well. Some of the pros and cons related to aging are mentioned below:
The Pros of Aging
- Each person gets unique experiences through aging that he can use for his advantage.Aging gives us the chance to learn from our mistakes so that we don’t keep repeating them. It helps us develop the intelligence and sense to make good decisions.
- Aging bestows you with an opportunity to make a lot of money.If you think that a college degree is going to get you a six figure salary, you need to think again. Aging brings you a myriad of experiences that you can use to make a fortune.
- Certain rights and privileges come with AgingThere are certain rights and privileges that we acquire along the way as we get older. The younger generation just doesn’t get the benefits of such privileges.
- It provides you with the opportunity to gain new experiences.In each and every phase of our life, we get the opportunity to learn new things and gain new experiences. Whether the experiences are positive or negative you will grow from them making you a fulfilled person.
The Cons of Aging
- Healthcare expenditure goes through the roof.As people get older, they need to take extra care of themselves. Aging causes many physical and mental illnesses causing anguish and pain.
- Every part of your body tends to painThe effects of the aging causes progressive damage to cells and organs over time. Due to aging, wear and tear of the body happen which leads to an aching body.
- In an ever-evolving world, it becomes hard to survive.Over the last couple of decades, technology has drastically evolved and it continues to grow. Those changes require people to adapt quickly. This is a skill that the aged lack.
- You cannot stop the aging processAs much as we all would like to believe that we are immortal, aging is the ultimate truth and it cannot be stopped.
Whatever may be the pros and cons of aging, it offers you many unforgettable experiences. Aging gracefully also involves adopting a healthy lifestyle. Make yoga and meditation a part of your daily regimen. These two activities help in relieving stress which otherwise promotes aging.
Ailments caused due to Aging
- Empty Nest SyndromeEmpty nest syndrome is not a clinical diagnosis, but rather describes a transition period in which many people experience feelings of solitude or loss. Feelings of sadness and loss are usually when a child leaves the home.
- Obesity and Metabolic SyndromeAbout three-fourths of adults aged 60 and older are overweight or obese. More than 40% of adults 60 and older have a combination of risk factors known as metabolic syndrome.
- ArthritisArthritis is a primary cause of disability and affects nearly half the elderly population.
- OsteoporosisOsteoporosis and low bone mass affect almost 44 million adults age 50 and older which are most commonly observed in women.
- CancerThe risk of developing most types of cancer increase with age.
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)Cardiovascular disease (CVD) affects more than one-third of men and women in the 45- to 54-year age group, and the incidence increases with age.
- Vision and Hearing LossAge-related eye diseases, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma affect about 119 million people aged 40 and older.
Adult incontinence is a fairly common condition in both men and women. Women tend to suffer from it more, particularly women who have given birth to a child. Adult incontinence is a term which is usually used to refer to urinary incontinence, which is the involuntary and unintentional discharge or leaking of urine. This condition is a common aspect of the aging process for many people, and while it is more common in women than in men, incontinence affects substantial amounts of people of both genders.
Would you like to know more about incontinence products? Visit wellnessbriefs.com