If you are caring for an elderly woman suffering from adult incontinence, it important to understand the different types adult diapers for women. The high prevalence of adult incontinence in women makes this a big deal in modern society. According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), over 25 million Americans suffer from some form of urinary incontinence. Of these, around 75 to 80% are women. A similar study by the National Association for Incontinence (NAI) shows that 1 in 4 women over the age of 18 suffer episodes of involuntary bladder movement. Urinary incontinence is twice as common in women as it is in men. This is the reason adult diapers for women come in handy in managing and controlling this debilitating condition. Whether you are looking for an effective solution for your own incontinence problem or you have someone suffering from this condition under your care, it is important to find as much information about the condition and available solutions as possible.
More about Adult Incontinence in Women
Women are more at risk of adult incontinence because most risk factors are related to their lives. Among the causes of adult incontinence are:
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Loose bladder muscles due to old age
- Reproductive system surgery such as Hysterectomy which affects supporting pelvic floor muscles.
- Neurological disorders including brain tumor, Multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Other conditions include enlarged prostate and bladder obstruction. From looking at these causes, it is obvious why women are more likely to suffer from adult incontinence. It is also becoming apparent why adult diapers for women are necessary to deal with the problem. Risk factors such as being overweight, smoking and diabetes can also increase the chances of incontinence in women.
These causes lead to the most common types of incontinence including:
- Stress incontinence: When sudden pressure is exerted on the bladder by laughing, exercising coughing and sneezing.
- Overflow incontinence: Where a woman experiences frequent or constant dribbling of urine when the bladder can’t empty fully.
- Urge incontinence: Characterized by a sudden, intense urge to urinate which then leads to involuntary loss of urine.
- Mixed incontinence: When adult incontinence exhibits the symptoms of more than one form of incontinence.
Keeping these factors in mind can make it easier to find the best adult diapers for women. There are different products in the market designed to handle unique forms of incontinence. Keeping these factors in mind also makes you aware of what to expect when dealing with a woman suffering from some types of incontinence.
Types of Adult Diapers for Women
As more people discover the importance of incontinence products in managing this problem, different brands have launched their own adult diapers for women. While the purpose of these products is still the same, there are different types designed for different conditions. These products are also designed to manage varying levels of incontinence.
Some of the popular adult diapers for women include:
1. Bladder control and liners: These are ideal for lighter to moderate incontinence levels. They are a flexible choice for the busy woman who doesn’t want anything to hamper their active lifestyle. They can be changed regularly and ensure maximum hygiene and comfort.
2. Incontinence pads: While these are not classified under adult diapers for women, they still help deal with incontinence. They are suitable for women who have been diagnosed with a condition that will lead to frequent incontinence. Most women use them before their periods to avoid surprises.
3. Washable adult diapers for women: These are very popular today for women suffering from high flow and they come in all sizes. You can still choose products to suit different levels of incontinence.
4. Disposable adult diapers for women: These are highly absorbent diapers suited for mobile impaired or for elderly women. They use cutting-edge technology to absorb as much flow as possible. They are the driest in the market and they are also comfortable.
5. Overnight adult diapers: These are designed for heavy absorption overnight and are very comfortable. Users enjoy a dry night without having to change diapers frequently.
With so many adult diapers for women in the market, choosing the right brand can be overwhelming. However, Unique Wellness offers the most absorbent adult diapers allowing women to enjoy their life comfortably. These products make use of the latest technology to help the modern woman regain control over their incontinence problems; they are comfortable and more affordable.
Importance of Adult Diapers for Women
If you are still wondering how adult diapers for women differ from other incontinence solutions, consider the impact these have on the life of the user:
- Healthier lifestyle: Women suffering from adult incontinence can now enjoy an active lifestyle thus keeping health problems such as blood pressure, obesity, heart conditions and other devastating lifestyle diseases at bay.
- Productive lifestyle: It is now possible to continue an active professional life despite suffering from this condition. High-quality adult diapers for women are comfortable and discreet and the user will not even realize they are wearing them.
- Safety: The best incontinence products for women are made from high quality and safe materials that prevents skin irritation and infections.
- Cost-savings: By choosing the best adult diapers for women in the market, you will save a lot of money that you would otherwise spend trying to manage incontinence. For instance, one diaper is enough for the entire night thus saving your family lots of money.
To enjoy these benefits, you should choose an adult diaper keenly. Make sure the design is specifically for women. The best diapers should also suit a particular incontinence level. Always buy adult diapers for women from a recognized brand with a solid track record in the industry like Unique Wellness. You should also consider the cost, comfort, odor control and material used.
If you are taking care of an elderly female relative, these tips on the best adult diapers for women will help you to empower them by educating them about the benefits of using a suitable product. These diapers are designed to give the modern woman power over incontinence. It is a more affordable way to handle this debilitating medical condition.