A large percentage of Americans are silently struggling with some form of incontinence. A 2014 survey done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and published by the Health Day News showed that over 50% of seniors suffer from bladder or bowel problems. A compilation of Facts and Statistics from the National Association for Incontinence (NAI), WomensHealth.gov and American Medical Systems shows over 25 million adult Americans suffer from some form of urinary incontinence with about 80% of these being women. The number could even be higher considering that most people are not willing to admit they are suffering from this medical condition. Adult incontinence is still a stigmatized medical condition and most people find it easier to stay quiet about the issue. However, if a loved one is undergoing emotional trauma associated with loss of bowel or bladder control, you need to help them out by researching the best adult diapers on the market today.
Before starting your search for incontinence products, it is important to get more insight on this medical condition to help you make an informed choice. For a start, it is important to understand that this is not a disease but a symptom of an underlying problem.
Among the major causes of bowel and bladder incontinence include enlarged prostate and prostate cancer in men, pregnancy and childbirth, menopause, deteriorating bladder muscle due to age, hysterectomy, neurological disease or diabetes among others. Risk factors that increase likelihood of urinary incontinence include old age, family history, being overweight and obese, smoking and gender.
At this point your search for highly effective adult diapers should be focused on dealing with the disruptive consequences associated with adult incontinence. Most patients struggling with this condition grapple with low self-esteem, psychological trauma, limited social life, breakdown in relationships, skin and urinary infections, negative impact on professional life and recourse to a sedentary lifestyle.
There are different types of incontinence including:
- Urge incontinence (associated with great urgency to urinate)
- Stress incontinence (when physical body movements lead to bladder contraction and involuntary urine release)
- Overflow incontinence (caused by a constantly full bladder leading to leakage)
- Mixed incontinence which combines different incontinence.
By visiting your doctor or urologist, you get a diagnosis which helps you determine the best adult diapers for your level of incontinence.
Improved Quality of Life with the Best Adult Diapers
By wearing the best adult diapers on the market, you will regain control of your life. If you are a caregiver, you will find these products very effective as they make your job easier. Whatever the age of the person wearing a high absorbent diaper, the impact is instant and these products revolutionize the life of the individual tremendously.
Below are a few of the benefits of finding the best adult diapers on the market:
- Enjoy Life Without LimitsIt becomes easier for the user to live a normal active life which in turn averts health complications such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. Urinary and fecal incontinence can turn the life of an individual making it hard to do things that were regularly part of day to day life.Whether you loved mountain hiking or cycling, your life doesn’t have to come to a stop just because you can’t control your bladder. By living an active lifestyle, you keep at bay opportunistic diseases even in old age and more importantly, you are able to retain your social life which is an important aspect in living a quality life.
- Productive LifestyleWhatever your job, you can continue working regardless of the level of incontinence you are suffering from. The best adult diapers allow you to continue with a productive lifestyle which guarantees enhanced economic benefits.
- Improved ComfortLife for anyone suffering from bladder incontinence or even those caring for them can be unbearable if the right protection is not available. Maintaining high hygiene levels is tough if you don’t use the best adult diapers available. However, you can enhance your comfort by wearing Absorbent Wellness Briefs and Wellness Absorbent Underwear from Unique Wellness, a globally renowned manufacturer of the most absorbent adult diapers.Their Wellness products leverage NASA’s Maximum Absorbency Garment to deliver the best adult diapers in the market. Their products come with a satisfaction guarantee and this provides you with the ultimate incontinence protection. What’s more, their diapers are skin friendly and they are designed to prevent skin rashes and any other issues.
- Cost SavingsThe cost of managing bowel and bladder incontinence is very high especially when you are using ordinary incontinence protection. For adults, several changes of diapers are required every day and night and this will greatly affect your finances. Luckily, you can cut the cost of incontinence management by using highly absorbent adult diapers. These will reduce the cost by over 70% as the need to change diapers is reduced tremendously.Choosing high performance best adult diapers not only improves the quality of the person wearing these products but also the rest of the family. An odor free environment is something every caregiver would love and more importantly, the reduced costs of incontinence protection comes in handy in managing household expenses.
Looking for the Best Adult Diapers
When searching for incontinence protection on the market, you can identify the best adult diapers by going for high absorbency levels, versatile designing, comfortable design, ease of wearing and removing, and skin friendliness. You should also consider the reputation of the brand, recognition of a brand’s incontinence products in the market, customer reviews and testimonials, availability of the products, reasonable pricing, innovative design and product guarantees.