The number of adults struggling with incontinence in modern society has gone up tremendously. A report compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) says half of seniors in America are incontinent. A similar survey from the National Association for Incontinence (NAI) says that over 25 million adult Americans exhibit symptoms of incontinence. Despite the high prevalence of both fecal and urinary incontinence, many patients who require care have not been receiving much. The stigma associated with the loss of bladder and bowel control in adults has forced many to suffer in silence. However, the medical hygiene industry has now come up with a timely solution in the form of disposable adult diapers. These adult diapers offer a novel and revolutionary way to manage incontinence in adults. If you are caring for anyone suffering from incontinence or you need a way to manage the condition yourself, it is important to learn more about these products and how to buy the best in the market.
Debunking Myths related to incontinence in Adults
Before buying a product to manage adult incontinence, it is imperative to get insight about this health problem. As they say, you can only manage what you know. There are many factors responsible for incontinence in adults and they range from menopause, old age, childbirth, pregnancy, an enlarged prostate, hysterectomy in women, neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, and stroke among others.
While incontinence in adults is broadly classified as a health condition, there are in fact different types of problem classified depending on the cause or level of incontinence. These include:
- Urge incontinence: Sudden urge to pass urine which is a major symptom of an Over Active Bladder.
- Stress incontinence: Caused by damage to the pelvic muscles.
- Overflow incontinence: Occurs when urine production exceeds the bladder’s holding capacity.
- Mixed incontinence: Happens when symptoms of stress and urge incontinence are present.
- Incontinence from surgery: Caused by surgical operations such as rectal surgery, hysterectomies, caesarean sections, prostate surgery among others.
Understanding the different forms of incontinence is important when choosing disposable incontinence products. If you are shopping for an adult diaper either for yourself or a loved one, it is important to first identify the type of incontinence you need to deal with because some brands classify their products according to the type of incontinence they are supposed to help manage.
What Makes Disposable Adult Diapers Unique?
While adult diapers have been in existence for a long time, there has always been a demand for a more flexible product. Washable diapers are not always appropriate for every situation, especially in cases where the user needs a temporary solution. This is where disposable adult diapers come in handy. These diapers can be disposed off after use, instead of needing to wash and dry them after use. The most outstanding feature of the best adult diapers is the higher level of absorbency that helps users manage incontinence.
The most common technology used in their production is a gel-like polymer bead core that is small when the product is dry and expands when they are wet.
To get the most out of the diaper you buy, invest in disposable diapers from Unique Wellness. These diapers are developed using the most effective absorbent technology borrowed from NASA. This is the secret behind the high absorbency levels of disposable diapers they provide for adults.
In summary these diapers are advantageous because of the following reasons:
- Super absorbent material: The technology used in the manufacturing of such most absorbent adult diaper is highly efficient making them the best product to deal with incontinence.
- Versatility: These disposable diapers have a wider range of absorbency to handle low, medium to heavy flow. They are thus ideal for use by anyone suffering from incontinence. They also come in a variety of sizes making it easier for everyone to find a perfect fit.
- Eco-friendly: The material used in the manufacture of disposable diapers is bio-degradable and does not have a negative impact on the environment.
- More effective design: The design used in making absorbent adult diapers helps prevent any leaks. The elastic in the leg portion helps the diaper fit snugly and prevent any leaking urine from escaping.
- Safety: The material used in making a disposable diaper is skin friendly and also non-toxic. Users will feel more comfortable when they wear this product.
- Longer use: This is one thing anyone dealing with incontinence considers when looking for the ideal diaper. With such driest adult diapers, it is now possible to manage incontinence for a longer period. Unlike reusable pants, disposable pants expand with continued use and this makes them more effective for longer durations.
- Availability: As the demand for more efficient techniques to control incontinence grows, many companies are coming up with highly effective disposable diapers. Buyers are now lost for choice as more brands leverage the latest technologies to manufacture revolutionary incontinence products.
With disposable adult diapers you have an all-in-one package that will help you deal with low to very heavy levels of incontinence. This is a product that is bound to change your life for the better. Whether you are looking for the best product to help a loved one, or you would like one for yourself, a disposable diaper is the ideal buy. They are appropriate for both men and women and can be used in different situations.
Buying the Right Disposable Adult Diapers
With this in mind, you are now ready to go online and sample the different products that are available. However, it is advisable to first consider the following:
- First take measurements to know the right fit.
- Have an idea about the level of incontinence that you are dealing with.
- Read several reviews and testimonials that users leave,
- Compare the absorbency levels of top rated products in the market.
- Choose the most comfortable design available without compromising on efficiency.
It is understandable that incontinence in adults can have devastating consequences on the life of any individual. It ruins relationships and deprives the patient of their sense of self-esteem. By using disposable adult diapers anyone suffering from incontinence is now able to claim their life back. You will lead a normal life without the constraints associated with loss of bladder control.
To get the most out of these diapers, take time to study the level of incontinence they are designed for, go for the most comfortable and hygienic product, research the name behind the product and find a diaper with the highest level of absorbency.