According to top medical news reports the following top lifestyle may be the reasons why men suffer from incontinence
- Old age
- Some diseases and conditions – people with diabetes, kidney disease, spinal cord injury, or neurologic diseases (in particular, residual deficits after a stroke)
- Prostate disease. About 55% of men over 50 suffer from an enlarged prostate. This is a very common cause of incontinence in men as men are not able to “hold” for very long. As the prostate grows bigger, it pushes against the bladder obstructing the urethra which is a tube that carries urine from the bladder to the penis to the outside of the body.
These conditions may lead to the following types of incontinence in men:
Stress incontinence happens when the muscle (sphincter) surrounding the urethra opens at the wrong time. It can occur with something as simple as a laugh or sneeze, lifting something heavy, or during your exercise routine.
Urge incontinence happens when bladder contractions are a response to something that makes you expect to urinate. For example, when you wait to use the bathroom and then all of a sudden it becomes urgent. This can happen even when you open a roll of toilet paper.
Overflow incontinence usually happens when the bladder muscles are weak and therefore do not contract enough to prevent leaks. Sometimes they don’t contract when they should.
Functional incontinence can happen when there are physical or mental limitations that restrict a man’s ability to reach the bathroom in time. Arthritis can often slow down your ability to move making it difficult to reach the bathroom in time.
While in cases like UTIs and constipation, the problem may disappear once the infection or constipation disappears. Incontinence caused by the other conditions is a little more difficult to control.
Incontinence be gone!
The stigma surrounding urinary incontinence makes it awkward and embarrassing to talk about. While a step in the direction of change has been initiated with awareness and education, much is left to be accepted about the condition.
In most fairy tales, the protagonist only figures out the solution to save the damsel in distress, minutes before the monster is going to kill them both. Thankfully, with the availability of adult diapers for men and adult underwear, one doesn’t have to wait till near death for a solution. The answer is here already and let the monstrous incontinence villain be gone!
New age adult underwear makes life much easier. Gone are the days of stress where incontinence patients have to be near a bathroom or worry about when they will have to go next. Wearing adult diapers allows you to live a stress free existence.
Adult diapers now have a super absorption mechanism based on the same principles developed by NASA. This unique technology absorbs wetness and tucks it in another layer keeping you feeling dry all the time. No more uncomfortable wetness ever! Here are the top 5 reasons to start using adult diapers:
- The superior fabric that is used to make these adult diapers makes sure the skin is always dry so it doesn’t case any sort of irritation or rashes.
- The absorption not only makes sure that you are comfortable and dry; it also keeps foul smells and odour from sweat at bay.
- The affordability of the adult underwear makes them a lifelong support option and erases any need for worry or stress when it comes to incontinence.
- New age technology reduces carbon footprint by reducing greatly the fuel and electricity needed to manufacture these new age briefs.
- Tied in with affordability, the cost effectiveness of the adult diaper is simple since better absorption means less diaper usage resulting in a reduction in the usage of the number of diapers.
Find out more about the Wellness Brief Incontinence Program for men. You can even try a free sample and see how comfortable it is for you to wear these adult diapers. While some lifestyle conditions are reversible, all are not. But embarrassing moments can be contained with a skin- and environment friendly diaper developed by advanced technology.
It is estimated that 5 million men in the US alone suffer from bladder problems. While most men suffer from this due to an enlarged prostate or prostate surgery, other factors contribute significantly as well.