It is not uncommon to see women workers in various industries wearing diapers and other incontinence products as they are refused toilet breaks, or the available washroom facilities are too unhygienic to use. Pregnant and diabetic women are more likely to need frequent toilet breaks. Because of these issues, adult diapers for women are fast becoming the first choice to maintain hygiene.
Why are diapers being used by healthy working women?
In Japan, women are looking at diapers as the next fashion trend. Large scale exhibitions have been held to showcase hundreds of diaper designs. In fact, the enterprising Japanese people have already devised a way to recycle used diapers to generate energy. Diapers are the new rage with women suffering from the tell tale signs and symptoms of incontinence in other countries as well. There are other groups of women who are increasingly finding such diapers more convenient. Medical health practitioners, nursing staff at large hospitals, astronauts, pilots, legislators, in fact anyone without access to decent washroom facilities, are using diapers in recent times.
The design element in adult diapers for women
The high quality adult diaper designs for are getting sleeker and more wearable as more and more mobile women are taking to wearing diapers. The discreet look and growing ease of wearing diapers is fast changing the face of the adult diaper industry to cater to the needs of women of all shapes and sizes. Incontinence products are no longer items that are relegated to the obscure racks in departmental stores. They have also earned a different look from neighborhood chemists and superstores. Adult diapers for men and women are now considered as fast moving commodity which has a recurring sale value. Thus, they are quite prominently displayed on the racks without causing embarrassment to their buyers. The shame in asking for a packet of adult diapers is no longer a reality. It is quite common to find women walking into outlets and asking for adult diapers without flinching or feeling embarrassed.
Mental barriers that women face in wearing diapers
In fact, life is much easier for women who have taken to diapers as a conscious choice. In comparison, older women, whose health is compromised because of the shyness of using these products, are often confined to their four walls needlessly. The incontinent female population has psychological scarring due to the emotional impact of resorting to diapers at an older age. They have a mental barrier against using a product they associate with helpless babies. It is quite a job to explain the many benefits of using these incontinence products as the answer to their problem.
A health worker or primary care giver has a big job on her hands to explain the improvement in the quality of life that adult diapers bring. With the correct usage, incontinence sufferers get freedom from embarrassing leaks, stains, and even foul smelling odor. They can reclaim their social lives and are no longer conscious about laughing loudly at a joke, and sneezing or coughing in public. But, once they breach their mental barrier and embrace the use of diapers, then their lives can return to normal quickly and effectively. The stress and anxiety related to incontinence is no longer there with the use of these products.
Are reusable diapers better than disposable ones?
The jury is out on this one! There are differing opinions on whether reusable diapers are better than disposable ones. As per health experts, the choice is totally dependent on the usage and lifestyle of specific users.
- Heavy incontinence patients might find it easier to use disposable diapers. More often than not, their covered leg design and snug side tapes ensure mess free use. It is best for them to refrain from using homemade cloth diapers as the washing and drying of diapers might actually use more water than the effort warrants!
- The ease of using disposable adult diapers for women makes it attractive to women who are physically compromised but have no regular care givers to aid their cause.
- The disposable diaper has earned a lot of flak internationally for slow bio degradation properties, but what most people do not consider is that it is only the plastic lining that is not bio degradable. The absorbent part of the core is generally made of highly compressed paper pulp.
- The financial benefits of using a reusable diaper are huge. You save large amounts in annual diaper costs if you are washing your diapers rather than reaching out for a new one every time.
- A cloth diaper is hypoallergenic and might save you from the ubiquitous diaper rash. However, it is not a practical and long term solution for most diapers. This is a common problem faced by most diaper wearers who regularly wear one.
- The probability of onset of urinary tract infections is much higher in disposable diaper wearers. The plastic lining does not allow air to circulate and causes the pH values of the enclosed skin to become unhealthy. Under the circumstances, it is best to use disposable diapers.
- It might be a good idea for a healthy woman suffering from mild incontinence due to pelvic floor weakness to use incontinence products without any ado.
If you are going through similar incontinence woes, then make this decision after serious consideration as diapers would incur considerable recurring costs. Choose the option best suited to your lifestyle. It is best to browse the internet to find the style and design which suits you the best. Choose a brand that gives you the best design option at affordable rates. Look for bulk discounts and online promotions to make them more affordable. Many departmental stores offer large discounts if the product is fast approaching the expiry date. Remember, most of these products are okay to use even a month after their best buy date. As it they are not edible products you might want to buy and stock appropriate numbers.
Disposing your used diapers in the right way
It is advisable to invest in a sealable diaper pail. This specialized pail is designed to eliminate foul odor. The diaper should be rid of all the fecal matter by dumping the feces in a toilet and then sealing the diaper as tightly as possible to remove spillage as well as smells and unwanted bacterial growth. If you are travelling, it might be a good idea to use degradable doggie trash bags to dispose of your soiled diapers. Do remember, while diapers are a necessity to you, you must also dispose them responsibly to keep the environment clean.