Have you tried various absorbent adult pull ups and been disappointed? Maybe you are not trying the options that are designed to suit you the best way. Consider the options below and choose the right product.
Adult diapers are available in various brands and sport a variety of features. They are designed to contain urinary incontinence as well as fecal incontinence. It is important for an adult suffering from incontinence to first identify what is exactly useful for him/ her needs. Only then will it be possible to make an informed choice before buying the incontinence product that’s best suited to him/her. Briefs are adult diapers that sport side tabs that fasten at the side or simply pull up snugly. Generally, briefs are as convenient as using regular underwear but are far more suited to control incontinence. Today, a large variety of briefs and absorbent adult pull ups are available in the market. Here is a comprehensive list that will help you make the right choice.
Different Varieties of Briefs You Can Choose From
1. The most widely used brief styles feature a backing. The most commonly used variety is the one that uses a cloth, like backing, is quite absorbent, and does not rustle in the movement to create any awkward situation for its wearer. The other kind has a plastic backing that rustles when one moves, thus making it a little less discreet. This kind is less popular unless the soiling rate is very heavy.
2. Absorbent adult pull ups are generally provided with tabs that can be refastened. They serve to be a popular choice as they are easy to use and can be refastened as many times as you want. If budget is a constraint, you may opt for the slightly less popular briefs that do not have refastening tabs. These might be a little tedious to use but more than make up for this constraint in the form of cost savings.
3. Extra absorbent briefs are a good choice and are generally marketed in the overnight use category. They allow for leakage protection through the night. These overnight use absorbent adult pull ups are a smart option even for day use if you suffer from high levels of incontinence. They may be a little bulky and might prove to be less discreet in nature than the thinner day use diapers.
4. If you are a plus size person, it might be a good choice to use bariatric diapers available in specialty shops. These super-size absorbent adult pull ups are a boon for obese people as they have a design that accommodates very large waist sizes fitfully. Another option for large people is the belted diaper. This comprises of a belted waist and an absorbent core.
5. Reusable diapers are both economical and environment-friendly. These comprise of cotton or cloths that can be safely washed and used repeatedly just like regular underwear. Reusable absorbent adult pull ups are designed for all types of usage. You might require a different absorbency ranging from light to moderate to very heavy. It’s best to understand what you need on a day to day basis before opting for the absorbent adult pull ups of your choice.
6. Your need for a high-quality absorbent adult pull up can be catered to perfection if the reusable pad’s thickness is adjusted according to your specific needs. These products might seem a little expensive at first instance but in the long run. Such reusable diapers are much more economical than the disposable variety; this is because their recurring cost is low. This option is definitely a good choice for people with sensitive skin. The reason being that cotton is a more skin friendly option than the commonly used man-made fibers used in disposable diapers. If you are otherwise able to manage the laundering involved in maintaining the reusable padding, these diapers fit the bill to perfection – go for them by all means.
Diapers Available for Other Purposes
- Absorbent adult pull ups for special needs are also available freely. If you are suffering from both urinary and fecal incontinence you may choose an option which incorporates a separate compartment designed to hold fecal matter. This can help in avoiding embarrassing spills and leakages.
- Are you an avid swimmer but not comfortable in the swimming pool due to urinary or fecal incontinence? Opt for a waterproof diaper built for exactly this purpose. You can enjoy your favorite exercise without the fear of leakage and spills if you manage to lay your hands on the right incontinence products, for sure!
- Other special needs diapers are designed for maternity use, for wheelchair and bedridden patients, drivers, long-haul pilots and even for astronauts.
Managing Incontinence with Dignity
You must first determine the cause of incontinence and understand the underlying medical issues and treat the same. Incontinence is not necessarily a normal part of aging but might become more prominent with advancing age. For example, in women, incontinence is caused commonly due to stress from pregnancy and childbirth. Menopause may make it even worse. Men often face incontinence issues due to prostrate issues. In both the genders, there may be incontinence due to obesity, neurological problems, drug abuse, drug interactions or even alcohol abuse.
It is important to understand the underlying cause so as to choose the right product to contain incontinence with dignity. Even though the ensuing signs and symptoms are relatively slight, you may want to use a liner pad in your underwear to avoid smells and bad hygiene issues. However, if the discharge is heavier, it is a good idea to use a suitable absorbent adult pull up to avoid embarrassing situations. Be sure to use gender specific incontinence products for best results.
Importance of the Correct Fit
Do give due importance to the fit of the diaper while buying it. As absorbent adult pull ups are going to be an integral part of your attire day and night, it is crucial that you are comfortable with their fit and size. The diapers chosen by you should fit well and snugly around the leg cuffs. The correct size and fit selection go a long way to avoid leaks and accidents. The majority of people opting for absorbent pull ups are older people who usually have sensitive and thin skin because of age and disease. It is important that the diaper lines do not chafe the skin, especially around the elastic lines, so as to ward off possible sores and cuts.
Choose the right type of absorbent adult pull ups to live with dignity and indulge in all the activities that you desire to enjoy without any qualms. Do consult your health care provider for further options. Have you gathered any more information that you would like your fellow readers to know? Do leave your comments below, we would be glad to receive your precious inputs.